Aggressively Advocating For Your Rights
Commercial Litigation/Contract Disputes – Civil Rights – Employment Discrimination – Consumer Protection – Legal Malpractice
David Berlin, Esq., offers general counsel and legal services for a variety of business needs including contracts, employment matters, risk management, dispute resolution, debt collection, and litigation. David provides these services to companies of all sizes, with quick turn around and for a fraction of “big firm” rates.
David is a versatile litigator who has secured multiple jury verdicts for his clients. Before entering the law David’s four years as a journalist writing for the San Diego Union-Tribune prepared him to be an investigator.
In his seven years as a practicing attorney he has effectuated change and influenced the futures of individuals and companies alike. David now handles cases nationwide. Some examples include protecting people from police abuse, advocating for victims of employment discrimination, and navigating business disputes.
David is a problem solver for businesses, big and small, handling contractual disputes and litigation strategy.
David’s tireless advocacy in the courtroom, knowledge of the law, and detailed fact analysis have consistently produced results. He is entrusted to manage complex and high-stakes disputes in state and federal courts, including appellate work, and private arbitrations.
David’s abiding interest in social justice has also led him to become active in writing and speaking about civil rights issues – particularly against minorities. In keeping with his philosophy that “Knowledge is Power” he has developed a program to educate community members as to their civil rights.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation/Contract Disputes
- Civil Rights
- Employment Discrimination
- Consumer Protection
- Legal Malpractice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Qualified Immunity: How Unreasonable Force Goes Unpunished,
American Bar Association GPSolo eReport (July 2017)
- Why Banks Should Embrace Consumer Protection,
American Bar Association GPSolo eReport (October 2017)
- Counseling the Client Intending to Engage in Civil Disobedience,
American Bar Association GPSolo eReport (September 2018)
- Hidden Recovery Opportunities in Commercial Litigation: Consequential Damages,
American Bar Association GPSolo eReport (July 2019)
Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Journalism
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Robert P. Coleman in the Trial Division,
Felony Criminal Section of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Judicial Fellow
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, Journalist